The SARB invites innovative and talented applicants to apply for its CA training programme for 2020.
The role of the SARB
The SARB serves the economic well-being of South Africans through maintaining price and financial stability. It is responsible for regulating the South African financial sector, designing and distributing banknotes and coin, management of interest rates, setting the cash reserve requirement for banks, and ensuring stability of both the banking sector and the wider financial system.
The aim of the programme is to address the shortage of CAs in the SARB and in the country.
Trainees are given an opportunity to acquire the prescribed competencies of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA), reinforce prior academic education, and develop business acumen, life skills as well as professional and ethical values.
Format of the programme
Trainees are placed on rotation in the various departments and subsidiaries of the Bank, thus obtaining practical experience and a good overview of the business of central banking.
Duration of the programme : Three years.
To be considered, candidates must:
- have a Certificate in Theory of Accounting ( CTA) or be in the process of completing it;
- be a South African citizen; and
- be a curious and innovative individual.
Remuneration and benefits
Trainees will receive a market-related salary for the duration of the programme.
All interested parties are invited to apply online via www.resbank.co.za
- All available vacancies will be visible.
- To log in (right-hand side of the screen):
- Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (ensure that you include all your qualifications and skills during the registration process); OR
- Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Login here.
- Date posted > Last 3 weeks (in the dropdown menu)
- Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Please include a copy of your academic transcript and your identity document with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to an appropriate reference check and security clearance as part of the selection process.
Late applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in interviews, assessments and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
Suitable candidates will be selected based on the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
If you have not heard from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.