Line of Service
Business Recovery ServicesManagement Level
Senior ManagerJob Description & Summary
A career within Deals Business Recovery Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our clients survive an imminent crisis or simply fix gaps in their organisation. We help clients, reduce balance sheet stress, generate cash and reduce costs or refinance to find the best source of capital to support their business objectives. Whatever the solution, we help them manage challenges until the job is done.Our team helps businesses identify and access the right debt markets to support capital needs, allowing our clients to raise or retain financing on the most advantageous terms. As part of our team, you will assist with financial modelling, developing a comprehensive set of financing solutions, and managing the execution of the solution best aligned to our client.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
About the team
The Business Restructuring Services team (“BRS”) practice in PwC Deals operating across all segments of the restructuring and insolvency market. The team provides financial advice on debt raising, financial restructuring and insolvency services to a wide range of corporates and stakeholders including lenders, equity holders, credit funds, pension trustees and government bodies. Whilst based in Johannesburg, the team often works across South Africa, but also on leading sub Saharan Africa projects and the role may include an element of South African-wide and international travel.
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
About the role
A typical assignment may include some or all of the following
- Independent business review of current financial position, key drivers of value and key risks of businesses across a range of sectors and geographies to identify the right capital structure solution.
- Review (often in a short space of time) of businesses for long term viability, valuation and assessment of options (including contingency planning)
- Review and understanding of the priority of various classes of creditor.
- Managing and monitoring the cash flows of a business.
- Work with multiple senior stakeholders to negotiate, agree and implement solutions.
- Work alongside management to implement cost saving and working capital improvement plans.
- Work alongside other PwC teams, including specialist lines of service and sector experts.
- Preparation of presentations and/or reports to key stakeholders (e.g. lenders, private equity sponsors, management).
- Undertake executory appointments
- CA(SA) / CFA/CIMA/LLB or relevant degree
Essential skills and experience
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Business restructuring, preferably from a financial institution or banking background.
- Sound financial analytical skills.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Understanding of key restructuring and insolvency principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating with all levels (internal and external).
- Desire to manage, develop and train junior members of the team.
- Flexibility in terms of diverse industries and role.
- Flexibility in working location.
- Ability to support marketing and business development, demonstrating a proactive approach to the marketplace.
- Proven project and time management skills.
- Good excel modelling skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised working environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Good understanding of Insolvency Law and Business Rescue
Who we’re looking for
The team welcomes applications from individuals who have a keen interest and knowledge about the work that the team undertakes. We will be looking for clear examples on why you have applied and what you can bring to the team. All applicants must have conducted considerable research into PwC and BRS prior to interview.
You’ll be joining a team who welcome your outlook and knowledge, whilst developing your skill set further within one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. Please apply if you have a keen interest in the work we do.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Not SpecifiedAvailable for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?