Pretoria, South Africa
September 25, 2019
Applicants are invited to apply for the above mentioned position based at Pretoria West TradeXpress. The person will report to the Distribution Centre Manager – Pretoria West.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Ensure the effective management of subordinates
- Control the general admin functions
- Reporting to Senior Management
- Ensure compliance with Quality Control and Risk Management
- Applying leadership skills to ensure competent and motivated staff.
- Ensure the cost effective delivery of finished goods
- Compile and manage Opex and Capex budget
- Monthly variance reporting on Cost Centre
- Control losses and write-offs
- Maintain a high level of customer service regarding timeous delivery and queries
- Effectively liaise with DAC and Warehouse Department.
- Perform administration/reporting effectively
- Manage and direct all employee activities
- Ensure company health and safety procedures are well maintained
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Related tertiary Diploma or Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a managerial position within a warehouse and distribution environment
- Previous Transport / Deliveries management experience will be advantageous
- Effective management of industrial relations
- Demonstrate the ability to influence activities outside direct area of control
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, lead and manage daily activities
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines
- Good communication and administrative skills
- An action & self-driven, motivated person.
- Ability to work overtime and on weekends
- Detailed SAP / Micro-soft package knowledge
- Strong people’s person with relationship building and leadership competencies
- A team player with the ability to lead and manage people with diverse backgrounds
Applications to be sent to:
If interested and meet all requirements, kindly log onto Distell’s Careers Page: https://www.distell.co.za/careers/ in order to register and apply online.
Reference number: 16122
Only registered members can apply for jobs.