Company BME a division of Omnia
Location – Town / City Vanggtfontein/Delmas
Location – Province Mpumalanga
Location – Country South Africa
Overview This Blaster position is based in Mpumalanga – Vanggatfontein. The successful candidate will be expected to ensure that all the prescribed duties are carried out in preparation for a blast, performing the blast and concluding post-blasting tasks, in line with all statutory, legal and BME SHERQ requirements. They must have – Grade 12 ( with Maths) (E) Blasting Ticket (E) – Magazine Master certificate (D) Ms office ( Word, excel, E-mail), Valid Drivers License (Code 10), No Criminal Records
Qualifications – Grade 12 ( with Maths) (E)
- Blasting Ticket (E)
- Magazine Master certificate (D)
- Ms office ( Word, excel, E-mail)
- Code 10 Drivers License and competent in driving
Experience – Previous experience in a mining / explosives environment (E) 2 years Blasting/assistance experience (E)
Duties – Ensure that the correct accessories necessary to carry out the blasting assignment are drawn from the magazine once the blast design / accessory order is received where applicable.
- Ensure that inspections of the vehicle are completed and that the pre-use checklist filled in prior to the use of the accessory transport vehicle
- Ensures that all the tasks necessary for preparing the blast are carried out in accordance with statutory/legal/BME requirements, including priming, pumping and stemming, timing design, as well as all the SHERQ requirements.
- Knowledge and making use of AXXIS system and equipment to execute the blast.
- Making sure that all dets primed are logged with the correct timing and fire the blast
- Approves the blasting after ensuring the safety of the area and that the all the required pre-blast procedures have been correctly carried out
- Ensures that the required inspections are made
- Responsible for declaring the area safe after the blast
- Ensures that the necessary administration and reporting are completed
- Supervises the work of Blasting Assistants and mixer-placer trucks
- Deals with unacceptable behaviour
- Escalates serious offences to Foreman
- Allocates relevant housekeeping tasks to the blasting team and ensures completion thereon.
Job Competencies – Customer Focused
- Attention to detail
- Numeric skills
- Able to take control
- Planning and Organising
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Leading and Supervising
- Adhering to Principles and Values
General Candidates must submit all the required documents for application e.g. Updated CV, Matric Certificate, Blasting Ticket, Magazine Master Certificate, ID Copy, Tax Number, Current/latest payslip, Proof of Address.