Bergrivier Municipality ensures the wellbeing of all communities within the Bergrivier region through economic growth, social wellbeing,
community involvement and effective management within a safe and healthy environment. Women and persons with disabilities are
encouraged to apply.
Bergrivier Municipality with its head office in Piketberg and approximately an hour’s drive from Cape Town currently has the following
vacancy and awaits applications from competent persons who comply with the minimum job requirements.
DIRECTORATE: CORPORATE SERVICES
(Piketberg, unless stated otherwise)
ADMIN OFFICER: BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION (PIKETBERG)
Requirements: Grade 12 · Valid Code B Driver`s Licence · Computer literacy in office applications · Proficiency in at least two of the
official languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans, Engels/Xhosa – Read, Write and Speak) · Good supervision, human relations,
interpersonal and communication skills · Accuracy and ability to give attention to detail · High degree of confidentiality and
responsibility · Ability to work under pressure · Good telephone etiquette · The coordinative and reporting dimensions associated with
the post necessitate understanding of the application of human resources procedures, rules and regulations · Good sight, hearing
and speech ability · Must be physically fit and healthy · Ability to perform manual operations and duties on foot · Three (3) years
relevant experience of the key performance areas.
Key Performance Areas: Performs and co-ordinates specific administrative/sequences associated with the human resources
functionality and attends to general applications and interventions · Co- ordinates administrative requirements associated with the
Human Resources functionality · Collates and prepares qualitative and quantitative information for inclusion into specific statutory
reports · Processes employee leave data/information manually and/or electronically and completes forms, schedules and documents
· Control and provide leave related statistics as required · Deals with all leave related queries · Performs activities related to the
reconciliation of leave taken · Provides assistance with regard to employee benefit administration · Performs specific activities
associated with providing departmental support (human resources) · Performs any other related duty requested by the Supervisor.
Salary: R 193 260.00 annually (T09 of a Category 3 Local Authority)
Date of acceptance: 01 December 2019 or as soon as possible
Enquiries: Mrs W Terry Thomas 022 913 6000
1. A service bonus equivalent to one month’s salary, where applicable, will be payable and be supplemented by the normal benefits
applicable to the Municipality including a housing allowance for home owners subject to certain conditions.
2. The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and respects the conditions of the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to
candidates who comply with the Employment Equity Targets.
3. The Municipality is not bound to make any appointment.
4. All appointments are subjected to Police clearings; which means that you give us permission to obtain Police clearance, by applying for a
position at the Municipality.
5. Applications received after the closing date or which have been received without the documentation mentioned below, will not be
6. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Applicants can regard their applications as being unsuccessful if no feedback
has been received within six weeks from the closing date.
7. Canvassing of any councillor and/or member of the Appointment Committee and/or any personnel member of the Municipality will not be
allowed and will immediately disqualify applicants.
8. In addition to the minimum job requirements and station mentioned herein, applicants may be expected to work overtime or be on standby,
as well as render services in other parts within the municipal area, as required.
9. Appointment in certain posts is subject to a security clearance and applicants will also undergo an interview and evaluation process and
where necessary, write a trade test.
A covering letter with three contactable references, must accompany the completed prescribed application form (available on request at
Tel. 022 9136000 or on the municipality’s website www.bergmun.org.za) with certified copies of the necessary qualification
certificates, ID document, Drivers Licence and a Curriculum Vitae (Maximum of 3 pages), (only one post per application form) to
reach the Municipal Offices, Piketberg or mailed to P O Box 60, Piketberg 7320 for the attention of
Mrs. W Terry Thomas (Human Resources Officer: Provisioning and Administration) by no later than the closing date.
NO FAXES OR ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.