Overall purpose of the job:
To ensure that any differences between the stores’ sales records on the POS system and their corresponding bank deposits are examined and corrected timeously.
- Daily reconciliations of all bank card transactions and the rejected administration thereof for SA and ROA stores.
- Assessing and correcting all unmatched transactions.
- Reporting all irregularities in store bank deposits to the relevant stores, operations departments and banks.
- Correcting journals in SAP and adjustments in Recon Assist.
- Adjusting all incorrect and rejected bank transactions.
- Liaising with stores and the operations divisions.
- Perform ad hoc related tasks that may arise.
- Accuracy / attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Team player.
- Able to handle stress and work in a pressurised environment.
The ideal person for this position should preferably:
- Have basic accounting knowledge.
- Have previous reconciliation experience.
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.