Job Advert Summary
Reporting to the Electrical Foreman the successful candidate will provide assistance and support to the Electrician in order to assist in the maintaining of electrical plant & installations at Vereeniging Pumping Station.
• Grade 12 or equivalent • One year experience in an Electrical workshop environment. • The successful completion of a basic electricity/safety course will serve as an added advantage.
• Assist the Artisan with general electrical maintenance including cable work, stripping, repairing and assembling various types of electrical plant and equipment. • General assistance by identifying, handling of tools, power tools and testing equipment. • Assist in the Electrical Stores as from time to time required. • General cleaning, maintaining and lubricating tools and equipment. Cleaning of panels, switch gear and transformers as well as the cleaning of departmental vehicles and mobile transport. • Transporting of electrical equipment and tools to and from the work sites • Keep workplace environment hygienically clean.
• Basic hand tools • ISO 9001
- Ability to communicate well (both verbally and in writing)
• Self motivated • Team player • Safety conscious • Enthusiastic