- Fluent in written and verbal French
- 1 years proven experience supporting and coordinating multiple projects
- 1 years experience managing schedules across multiple timezone, updating project schedule and technical documentation (like flow charts or project trackers)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and SharePoint are desired.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment where not all processes and procedures are clearly defined. Agility to change directions quickly as needed.
- Positive, proactive and able to always exercise great judgment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The nature of the role will at times require evening or over-night work (24/7) when collaborating with the US and US based teams.
One function of this role is to support launching a VCS site. There are five phases to launching a VCS site: 1) Research, 2) Pre-Launch, 3) Decision Making, 4) Launch, and 5) Post Launch. In this role you will be responsible for actions in each launch phase. You will help determine VCS site launch locations and requirements withing Africa, manage the site launch project plan, and orchestrate a global cross-functional team.
Another function of this role is supporting expansion efforts for existing VCS sites. Expanding VCS sites can include a variety of tasks based upon the VCS site’s needs, tasks could include scaling recruiting to new cities/regions, creating innovative, scalable processes, and partnering with local operations.
A successful candidate will be a hyper-organized individual who is diligent in managing project tasks, plans, and team members, is able to drive progress and deliver results in an ambiguous environment, and has excellent written and oral communication skills.
This role will report to the VCS Expansion Program Manager for Africa.
- Conduct in-depth research on potential global expansion locations.
- Coordinate and manage global expansion project templates & other project resources.
- Create global expansion project timelines by working backwards.
- Coordinate and lead global cross-functional team meetings.
- Manage global cross-functional team to ensure completion of project tasks.
- Manage global expansion knowledge management resources.
- Expand existing VCS sites into new cities/regions from scoping to launch.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Fluency in Portuguese or German
- Previous team coordination or program management experience.
- Previous call center experience.
- Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma principles.
- Project Management certification like PMBOK or Prince2
- Lean Six-Sigma certification
“Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and Employment Equity within the workplace, and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates.”