We are looking for a dynamic, innovative operational person to join the Production department at Amaro Foods.
- Assist in the running of the production line as well as be able to fulfill various roles within the specified production as and when required to ensure production targets are met
KEY PERFORMANCE OUTPUTS
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Senior Line Leader and will be responsible for the following:
- Handle /discard waste that is produced in a safe manner and recording it on the necessary reports
- Complete daily production reports/ documentation and submit to Coordinators
- The completion of reports accurately and timeously
- Handle start-up and shut down duties pertaining to the production line at the beginning of each shift
- Operate the production line effectively to avoid any accidents
- Ensuring all orders are produced in full
- Ensuring the line is producing at the required efficiency ratesQuality Assurance
- Responsible for product integrity, meeting customer specifications and quality checks of all products produced at relevant manufacturing stage
- Ensure good housekeeping standards
- Ensure all start-up checks are conducted on equipment before use and take appropriate actions where deviations are found
- Troubleshoot equipment problems in a timely manner to avoid any delays and standby time
- Notify Coordinates about equipment and production problems and any deviations
- Maintain waste within the requirement targets
- Able to train operators, oveners, de-boxers, scalers
Risk and Compliance
- Comply with the necessary Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure compliance to all food safety regulations, allergen control, housekeeping and pest control
- Participate in personal hygiene checks
- Live the brand by living our core values
- Always striving to do your best
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 /NQF Level 4 qualification
- At least 2 years food manufacturing experience
- Thorough understanding of the baking process
- Thorough understanding of equipment efficiencies
- Thorough understanding of food safety principles
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
The candidate must possess strong communication, interpersonal skills, leadership skills and a high level of integrity.
The incumbent should be able to take initiative, adapt within a changing environment, cope with stress and engage in continuous learning. The role requires someone who displays attention to detail, effective time management, and can follow instructions and procedures.
Furthermore, individual needs to be deadline driven and results-orientated, have strong decision-making ability and display a customer service-orientation.
APPLICATION AND ENQUIRIES
To be considered, please apply with a copy of your most recent CV. Successful and unsuccessful applicants shall receive communication from the Human Resources Office by the 15th of January 2020.
The position will be filled in line with Amaro Foods values and Employment Equity Policy and plan.
Job Type: Full-time
- Food Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)
- Food Safety Principles: 2 years (Preferred)
- Baking Process: 2 years (Preferred)
- Equipment Efficiencies: 2 years (Preferred)
- High School (matric) (Required)