To perform reconciliations of various cash accounts and or unit holdings to the administration system in order to
confirm the accuracy of client instructions processed.
- Reconciliation of Cash & Unit Movements
- Draw reconciliations per account from the Bank Recon tool on a daily basis
- Draw reports from fund reconciliation reports on the intranet and identify all unreconciled outstanding items
- Reconcile the money received from Absa Capital against the client’s income payments
- Check batches on administration system against daily new business account in order to identify all transfers made from clearing account to broker fee account
- Communicate all rejections to Relationship Managers
- Verify the daily repurchases report (cash movements ⁄ rejections) in the LDC drive
- Match the tax paid to SARS against the clearing bank account for correctness
- Transfer to the AIMS business account money received from client claims
- Operational Risk
- Escalate all high value unreconciled transactions and all unresolved or complex queries to the line manager daily
- Risk Reporting
- Coordinate the capturing of Finance risk events with the Governance & Control department
- Reconcile the SAP ledger account for fraud and losses to the risk system
- Reconciling Client Purchase Instructions
- Check for correctness what is paid out from the clearing account to the management companies
- Match all un-reconciled items to daily business, bank statement and the administration system
- Balance business summary reports to client report and Manco detailed report
- Reconcile the administration system batch balances to the bank recon transactions and offshore statements ⁄ call accounts
- Balancing of Broker Fee Accounts
- Customer Service
Education and Experience, and Competency Requirements:
- Diploma in Accounting / Finance Management or equivalent NQF level 5 is required
- BCom/ BCompt in Accounting/Financial Management NQF level 6 is referred
- 2 years’ experience in reconciliations / finance / LISP environment
- Solid Computer Literacy (Advanced Excel)
- Solid Communication skills (verbal & written)
- No criminal record
You will receive valuable benefits like medical aid, pension fund, preferential banking rates, funeral cover and well -being program. You’ll also enjoy a company spirit that believes in giving our employees the freedom to do a great job, and the support to reach their ambitions in the future
There are four stages in our application process:
- Application: On our application form we ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You will also be required to upload a CV, so it’s a good idea to have this ready.
- Online Assessments: We’ll then ask you to complete online assessments if you have passed our minimum screening criteria. You will also receive an email with the link to these assessments so you can complete them when it suits you best. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles.
- Interview: If you are successful in our assessments we will contact you to conduct a brief telephonic interview before we invite you to attend a face-to-face interview.
- Outcome: Following your interview we’ll be in touch within five working days to advise you of the outcome.
For new opportunities and exposure … Apply today, and take your career to the next level.
If you have not received a response to your application in 15 days please consider your application unsuccessful.
We are committed to employment equity when recruiting internally and externally. Preference will be given to suitably qualified individuals from previously disadvantaged groups in South Africa.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.