Salary: Remuneration package of R401 477 per annum (Total cost to company)
- An appropriate 3-year National Diploma in Office Management and Technology, Office Administration, Public Management and Administration, Business Administration/Management or equivalent relevant qualification or Matric with
extensive experience in Administration.
- Experience in office management, administration and coordination.
- Sound experience in administrative support services.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Good experience in project management.
- Good coordination skills.
- Financial management skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written skills).
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder liaison skills.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Proactive approach to meeting deadlines and delivering results.
- Maintain a correspondence and records management system for the relevant
component in the Waste Bureau (WB).
- Implement and maintain an efficient filling system.
- Provide assets management and logistical support.
- Organize meetings, workshops and briefing sessions.
- Provide secretarial support services in meetings.
- Processing of subsistence and travel claims.
- Facilitate the booking of accommodation and transport.
- Applications must be directed to: The Director-General, Department of Environmental Affairs, Private Bag X447, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-delivered to: Environment House, Erf 1563 Arcadia Extension 6, Cnr Soutpansberg and Steve Biko Road, Arcadia, Pretoria
- Application must be submitted on a signed Z83 application form ( click to download form) with a copy of a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications, ID document and a valid Driver’s License (if stated as a requirement) in order to be considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- The Waste Bureau is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine their suitability for employment, including but not limited to: Criminal records; Citizenship status; Credit-worthiness; Previous employment (reference checks); and Qualification verification.
- All candidates shortlisted for SMS post will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Bureau.
- Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
- Furthermore, the person appointed to this position will be subjected to a security clearance, the signing of a performance agreement and an employment contract.
- The Waste Bureau reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- No e-mailed, copies of certified copies, faxed, certified copies older than 3 months or late applications will be considered.
- If you have not been contacted within three 3 months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Prepare and present reports on travel expenditure.
- Prepare and present monthly expenditure reports.
- Oversee and monitor progress on correspondence referred to other units and stakeholders.
- Compile status report on submission of monthly, quarterly, annual and completion reports.
- Supervise staff within the unit.
Enquiries: Ms G Kgoetego, Tel: 012 399 8967
For attention: Ms M Seketa
Closing date: 06 September 2019