Key responsibilities include the following:
- Reports to the Senior Administrative Officer
- Is responsible for administration of part-time degree course students, including but not limited to:
o Communication with students regarding courses, examinations and graduations
o Registration of Wits Plus students, amendments, cancellations
o Processes application forms and drafts correspondence to students dealing with matters such as acceptance, registration, fees, examinations, etc.
o Assists students in obtaining student cards for access to the computer lab, libraries and campus perimeter.
- Liaising with Academic and Faculty staff regarding applications, examinations and timetables
- Liaising with SENC, Fees Office, Parking office, ICAM, PIMD venues and AISU
- Handles enquiries from potential students – telephone, email and walk-in clients
- Advises prospective and current students as to the range of study options in Wits Plus and directs prospective students to other possible Wits study opportunities
- Provides support to Wits Plus lecturers to ensure smooth delivery of lectures
- Creates and maintains student files
- Ensures that the correct data is timeously entered into the University student record system
- Handles photocopies of lecture notes
- Processes the payment of lecturers and tutors through the University’s system
- Participates in Wits Plus information days and other promotional events
- Is responsible for examinations related functions, graduations and prize-giving in conjunction with Faculties or other examining bodies
- Assists the Director with general duties as requested.
- Must have at least a Matric (Grade 12) certificate or equivalent
- Post School qualification in Office Administration or a related field, is strongly advisable.
- At least 2 years’ experience in academic process administration and a student support role in a University environment
- A working knowledge of Wits Student Information Management System will be an advantage
- Needs to be a fluent communicator in written and spoken English
- High level of computer literacy: Outlook, Word, Excell, etc.
- Able to use Oracle, SIMS
- Interpersonal skills are extremely important as the incumbent will interact with current and potential students
- Strong customer orientation
- Able to work independently
- Able to function under pressure and multitask
- Good team player
- Willing to work long hours during peak periods