Institution: Vredenburg Hospital (West Coast District)
Core Title: Administrative Line Function and Support Personnel
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Grade 12/Senior Certificate.
- Appropriate experience in office administration, financial and procurement administration.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts, weekends and public holidays and perform overtime when and as required.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Practical experience in computer skills (MS Word and Excel).
- Maintain and exercise confidentiality of patient’s information at all times.
- Good interpersonal relations, organisational skills and customer care.
- Knowledge of the information systems i.e. Clinicom.
- Knowledge of LOGIS, Staff information system e.g. NIMS and the Mental Health Act; 17 of 2007.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Effective and efficient patient administration through liaison with clients, record keeping, documentation, faxing, filing, correspondence and telephone enquiries; keeping notice boards tidy.
- Effective and efficient patient administration, including checking that all patients are admitted, discharged and transferred on Clinicom/information system and that prescription charts are sent to pharmacy.
- Ensure that all fees and administrative related documents are signed, ensuring availability of folders and necessary documents for admission.
- Management of material resources, assets and ordering ward stock via LOGIS/procurement system.
- Information management – data collection, capturing thereof and ensure timeous submission of statistics.
- Support to supervisor and colleagues with administration tasks which includes typing, filing, faxing and correspondence, deal with telephone enquiries, keep notice board tidy and act as secretariat in various meetings.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a practical test.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in Weslander 4/7/2019, PSVC 24/2019.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.