Job Advert An exciting opportunity has become available for a TRAINEE MERCHANDISE PLANNER.
The Trainee Merchandise Planner will undergo an extensive training program which will involve, but not be limited to projects, assignments, training and visits to group companies, DC’s, stores and suppliers. The role is responsible for the delivery & implementation of the merchandise strategy as set out by the Head of Planning. Tekkie Town is looking for a self-confident, motivated, positive and resilient individual who can think laterally and who has strong analytical and proven numerical abilities.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, passionate about performance and will have the high energy level required for this fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment. Qualifications • A Grade 12 certificate or equivalent is an essential requirement.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in planning is essential, preferably brand related.
- A relevant business qualification would be an advantage. Knowledge, Skills and Experience • Proficiency in the latest Microsoft packages (Word & Advanced Excel) is an essential requirement.
- Knowledge of the retail merchandise cycle with regards to Buying, planning, logistics and stores.
- A strong logical thinking and analytical ability with excellent numerical skills and the ability to be accurate and pay attention to detail.
- Has a high energy level and is performance-driven and deadline-orientated.
- Excellent planning, organizing and time management skills.
- Ability to remain flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances. Key Responsibilities • Actively drive own development to achieve the deliverables of the training program
- Identify sales opportunities in their product portfolio, including stores and countries
- Forecasting products to maximize sales potential
- Store support and visits
- Operational support
- Measure products & stores performance
- Reporting and Analysis
- Administrative duties
- Ad hoc projects outside of the training program