- To support the Business Manager with the day to day running and maintenance of the portfolio.
- To provide a central office-bound contact point for customers.
- To deal with all credit related issues in Lifestyle and Entrepreneur segments.
- To ensure effective communication with Business Managers on all matters relating to the portfolio.
- Provides a consistent customer experience in line with the Small Enterprise Customer Value Proposition
- Provides a second face office-bound (information/ query handling) service point for Entrepreneur customers.
- Performs a liaison role between the Business Managers, customers, branches and back office service fulfilment and credit functions.
- Interacts with customers to establish financial information requirements.
- Educates customers regarding the parameters and routine procedures governing entrepreneur product and service offerings.
- Interviews Business customers, when required.
- Assists with completion of documents and opening of all accounts for the Entrepreneur segment.
- Ensures that welcome letters are sent to new customers.
- Attends to transferring and closing of accounts, when necessary.
- Effectively migrates customers to Direct Channels.
- Ensures that all new service requests (queries and complaints) are logged correctly, as either a “first contact resolution” or “non-first contact resolution” as appropriate.
- Ensures that service requests in personal work list are actioned within agreed timelines.
- Ensures accurate capture, updates or amendments of customer information and history notes.
- Complete all compliance training within laid down timelines
- Accurately and efficiently collates and check securities documentation and mandates for banking facilities.
- Analyses business and financial information e.g. balance sheets, financial statements and management accounts, to prepare and motivate non-scored credit applications in line with credit requirements.
- Processes scored/un-scored credit applications.
- Monitors daily excesses to ensure that customer facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit.
- Ensures timeous completion of all credit reviews.
- Ensures the preparation and completion of security documents for accounts on the relevant portfolio
- Actions the daily credit violations.
- Assists with credit checks on new and existing accounts and credit applications, when necessary.
- Arranges and prepares the manager’s appointments for the week ahead.
- Supports the manager in researching and prospecting for new and migratory business.
- Maintains customer portfolio data to identify opportunities for additional facilities.
- Cross-sells additional value adding products and services to existing customers to assist them in growing their businesses.
- Identifies and generate sales leads to stakeholders e.g. Personal Market, Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking; Standard Bank Financial Consultants; Standard Bank Insurance Brokers, etc.
- Completes sales and lead generation tracking forms on a daily basis.
- Ensures that targets and budgets are met.
- Participates in tactical sales/marketing activities as required.
- Ensures that all leads are logged correctly in the presence of the customer and ensures cross selling opportunities are identified.
- Identifies and actions opportunities for cross- and up-sell.
- Identifies migration opportunities and sells products/services reactively.
- Scrutinises/Actions all relevant reports according to laid-down instructions, especially the following:
o Report 8918 (Referral report) where applicable.
o Report 8665/2084
o Actioning of report 2031 (Overdraft list of current/staff accounts)
o Actioning of report 2099 (Limit reviews)
o Actioning of excess and dormancy list received from credit
o Actions Know Your Customer (KYC) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reports
- Actions credit referrals
- Actions credit violations
- Captures applications for Property Guarantees
- Captures applications for Lease Guarantees
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Business Related Degree – listed on the FSCA’s qualification list
- Driver’s Licence
- RE5 examination completed.
- Roles has been classified as a FAIS Representative role
- 3-4 years branch experience
- An understanding of how businesses operate, as well as understanding the business risks, industry risks and financial requirements pertaining to the small, medium business market.
- Has the need to focus on one task and complete it thoroughly.
- Goal directed and persistent.
- Enjoys researching, sourcing and gathering information and ideas.
- Enjoys working with clients, analysing their needs, negotiating and selling/servicing.
- Ability to source, analyse and act on one’s knowledge of the customer.
- Ability to create and maintain quality customer interactions.
- Ability to elicit and appropriately act upon customer feedback.
- Ability to analyse a single source of customer information to assess potential customer needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers via various channels and display knowledge of the entire bank value chain and how hand-offs work between business areas.
- Ability to generate deep customer insights through communication skills.
- Ability to operate within a service-focused environment.
- Ability to link offering and financial solutions knowledge to meet customer needs.
- Ability to identify and action opportunities for cross- and up-sell.
- Ability to display a customer service orientation (pro-active display of service, gives customer “more than what they want”).
- Ability to engage with customers in a mutually beneficial manner.
Only registered members can apply for jobs.