At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
ROLE OF POSITION: The role of this position is to support the Dean/Manager and staff within the faculty or unit with their administration. This position reports to the Dean/Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Due to the nature and size of the organisation, it is not possible to provide a complete list of responsibilities that will be all inclusive over time. Responsibilities may change from time to time in consultation with the Dean/Manager.
The responsibilities of the Administrator thus include, inter alia:
- Assisting with student queries, administration and registration (during peak times) within the faculty or unit.
- Assisting with mark entry and mark checking during peak times only.
- Assisting the Dean/Manager with e-learn, checking and uploading of documents.
- Assisting with remote site moderation of assessments, tracking, receiving, handing out, collection, monitoring, scanning and uploading of moderation feedback.
- Assisting with moderation administration, e.g. Trimming, scanning, uploading of scripts for electronic moderation, compiling sample packs for moderation, sending them off and managing the time frame for the return of the sample packs.
- Assisting with remark process.
- Assisting lecturers with the collection of student assignments.
- Assisting with lecturer evaluation process.
- Supportive maintenance of student records on progress against qualification achievement.
- Setting up meetings with students in consultation with Dean/Manager.
- Assisting with communiqués to students, e.g. sending of bulk sms’s.
- Assuming a secretarial function at Faculty Meetings, ensuring all decisions at faculty meetings are captured, filed and delivered by the relevant staff member. Ensuring availability of student and related information for decision making at faculty level.
- Availability of all relevant academic documentation for Lecturers’ use, e.g. Class Lists, Lecturers Time Tables, Supplementary Tests, Practical exemption, etc.
- Assisting Dean/Manager to compile stats with regards to student DPs, pass rates and throughput rates.
- Assisting the Dean/Manager in communicating with at risk students by issuing reports and absenteeism letters and following up on poor results and attendance.
General Any other responsibilities as reasonably delegated by the Dean/Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Administrative experience of at least 3 years Technical/computer expertise:
- Fully computer literate with a working knowledge and skills in:
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Windows applications
- Other student information systems Personal competencies:
- Planning, organising
- Interpersonal skills with exceptional negotiation and communication skills
- Creative and innovative
- Motivation, patience and tolerance
- Integrity and trust
- Problem solving skills
- Customer focus Organizational competencies:
- Alignment to PIHE values and culture
- Employment Equity
- Ability to function optimally in a team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Administrative experience of at least 3 years in an Academic institute
**Primary Location: ** ZA-ZA-Johannesburg
**Work Locations: ** ZA-Bedfordview-9 Concord 9 Johannesburg 2008
**Job: ** Learning Delivery
**Organization: ** Growth
**Employee Status: ** Regular Employee
**Job Type: ** Standard
**Shift: ** Day Job
**Job Posting: ** Jul 24, 2019
**Schedule: ** Full-time Regular
**Req ID: ** 1909599
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.