ROLE AND THE PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this post is to provide Over the Counter support with the picking, packing, and shipping of
parcels in the Counter Warehouse, so that students that choose Counter as an option during registration,
may receive their study material. administration of the support services and to enhance the support
services in the region.
• Grade 12
• Registered Unisa students
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Good knowledge of supply chain processes in general and warehouse operation
• Good knowledge of MS Excel in order to execute daily tasks
• MS Office packages
• Good problem-solving, analytical skills and planning skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to function in a team as well as independently. Be able to work under pressure and handle
• Be accurate and be able to concentrate for extended periods and diligently
• Be prepared to learn and embrace new processes and systems
• Picking, packing and Shipping of already packed study parcels
• Removal of study material not collected within three days, unless arrangements have been made by
the student regarding the parcel to be collected.
• Recording of study material that has been collected by the students , in order to keep track of what
has been collected, by who and how many.
• Assisting in other Warehouse operations as and when required, with training provided prior (i.e.
picking, packing shipping of individed
Salary: Remuneration is commensurate with the seniority of the position
Enquiries: 021 936 4163 (HR)
• The completed prescribed application form(HR-CA 001) must be accompanied BY
COMPREHENSIVE CURRICULUM VITAE, and ORIGINAL certified copies (within the previous six
▪ all educational qualifications,
▪ identity document; and
▪ proof of SAQA verification of foreign qualifications (if applicable)
• Vacancies can be viewed on http://www.unisa.ac.za/vacancies.
• Late, incomplete and incorrect applications will not be considered. Applications not on the prescribed
form will not be considered.
• UNISA reserves the right to authenticate all qualifications without any further consent from the applicant.
• The contact details of three contactable references must be provided one of which must be from your
present employer. Should you not be employed a contactable reference from your previous employer
must be provided.
• UNISA is not obliged to fill an advertised position.
• Appointments will be made in accordance with Unisa’s Employment Equity Plan and other applicable